According to the American Journal of Childhood Diseases and the Journal of the American Osteopathic Association:
1. A fever is the body's response to fight infection.
2. Studies show reducing fevers can increase severity and duration.
3. 13 different studies show reducing fevers does not reduce the risk of permanent damage.
4. Fevers create an environment in the body where bacteria and viruses cannot survive.
5. Support fevers with proper nutrition, hydration, and rest.
Sources: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/7352443/ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21464262/